Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Chocolate+cup+cake=?

Imagine,
12 noon, you are working seriously when your colleague starts off , "My daughter loves cupcakes. She has been clamoring for cupcakes for a week. I think I will make cupcakes today. But I can't decide between vanilla or chocolate cupcakes. My husband loves cupcakes also...." After hearing this (and if you are still sane) all one can think of is...CUPCAKES. I don't know if this applies to all of you, but it sure does to me. But in my case that colleague was Sakshi- she even went on to say "The cupcakes are in the oven..." grrr... I could not pipette or set up any further experiments. Came back home looked at all my baking books and hit upon this one,

Chocolate cupcakes

Chocolate cupcakes: yields 14-16 cupcakes
1/2 C butter, softened
1 C sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1-1/2 C APF
1/2 C cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 C water
1/2 C buttermilk

1) Cream the butter and sugar till soft and fluffy.
2) Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
3) Combine the flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda.
4) Add this to the creamed mixture alternately with water and buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
5) FIll the paper lined muffin cup two-thirds full.
6) Bake at 375 F for 12-15 min or till a toothpick inserted at the centre comes out clean.

cake.

It went so well with cold milk. I will have one very happy husband tonight!!

How is the weather on your side of the world? Mine looks something like this,

IMG_3010


IMG_3016

IMG_3056
Paper boat anyone?


IMG_3065
Bath time leafy!

23 comments:

  1. Aioo am laughing mad like AmathyaRakshasa after seeing your cup cakes...Ha wish I could put up the pics of my gorgeous ones who after all were the inspiration for yours...Well as I don't like to share the secrets of my own creations (u know I don't copy recipes from any blog) I am not gonna post my cup cakes...So your cup cakes can shine in the lime light..

    What's with the second pic?? Seems to me like a nut woman gobbled the poor thing up along with the milk..

    No points for guessing the Cilantro too?? You just wait..till I come there.

    This part of Umreeka also looks like ur part of the world...all rain...mmmm...was listening to rain songs all day on youtube...hee

    Btw you didn't give the amount of petals in the ingredients list....how are people supposed to know how much to use for garnishing????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate cupcakes??? My hubby's fav. :)Though, I am not big fan of chocolate or chocolaty stuffs. But I love this cupcake.Taste awesome! Pics are beautiful...just natural!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sakshi,
    You silly woman all this is because of you and Saman and your cupcakes. No you don't garnish with rose petals, for you I have arranged a special jasmine mala, use that.

    @Sonu,
    I am ok with chocolaty stuff, not ok with cheesy stuff :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cupcake looks divine...I love that second pic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That second pic of yours made me smile gal...The cup cakes came really perfect...
    SJ, i have tried ur mangalore buns they came out nice and we liked it..Thank you gal..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the pic of the leaf. Nice shot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Argh! mine are not so chubby. now how do i post my leaner version when you have gone and shown off your chubby cute cupcakes. hmpf!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect looking cupcakes, drooling over it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmm yummy cake and click..! Superb clicks too..!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ahh cupcakes & cold milk, yu've got me drooling .. loved the last pic .. lovely shot

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those cupcakes look out of the world. I want!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this happens to me all the time :) whenever i see a click of my fav dish i start craving for the same :) chocolate cupcake looks divine

    ReplyDelete
  13. oohh..I am loving those rain pics...so beautiful..:)..n the cupcakes r sooo chubby like u..:P

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow gorgeous beauties.......look soft and yum.....barkha badal.....hmmm feeling the freshness in the air.....

    ReplyDelete
  15. why all the rain has gone to umreekka i dunno........who'll shower delhi???

    i used to make cupcakes for mithi....feelin nosta...

    ReplyDelete
  16. cup cake looks delicous.. nice pics..this is the first time to ur blog.. u got good recipes...

    If u have time, do check out my blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. the cup cakes looks delicious...i wanna grab some of those :(... why its all rainy these days..

    ReplyDelete
  18. first time visitor. nice post. your chocolate cup cakes are simply yummmy. liked your photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Poornima,
    TY!! Next time will put only empty plates and unwashed fingers!
    @Prathiba,
    Glad u liked them!
    @Vani,
    TY!
    @Nags,
    Pipe 2 inch thick icing on it, dump few sprinkles on it everyone will go oohh ahhh! :P
    @Sharmilee, Shangi, Deesha,EC,Parita,
    TY!
    @Varsha,
    cupcakes=chubby me not!
    @Rush,
    lol!
    @Divya, Kitchen flavours,
    TY!
    @Sangeeta,
    Make some for me ok hen I come there Or better still add spinach and rajma and make cakes-its in vogue now!
    @Ashwini,
    TY! I will!
    @Renuka,
    TY! Its raining bcos, the sun is covered by clouds good na?
    @Bergamot,
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely pics SJ, tired of telling you how great your pics are...back from blr and then went to delhi, read all your posts that I missed..and the comments on the Jai Hind - Wow girl, u managed to stir up quite something :) good girl !! U made the avrekai or not as yet ?

    ReplyDelete
  21. i'm game for anything with chocolate.....my weight xplains that!!! chocolate cup cake, yumm yumm and those r some amazing pics as w, never tried it with cold milk though. And those r some amazing pics n clicks SJ!! That Bath time leafy looks so fresh after a quick shower :))

    ReplyDelete

To avoid letting your comments go to my trash, always appreciate me and my posts! I will do the same :P