Saturday, May 2, 2009

Pet lovers only!

May 2nd 2006
I came home from work tired and hungry only to see him happily pee-ing on my 350Rps Bata sandals.
What? Who? How? When?
"Two men came on a scooter and gave him to your sister Su" said my mom
How dare she get him! And how dare he pee on my 350Rps Bata sandals! I vowed never to talk to him for the rest of my life
I managed to keep my promise for just 1 day.
His soft tongue, those soft paws that went pit-pit-pit when he scampered around the house, and his small tail which formed the cutest question mark ever, melted my heart. He was throughly adorable and totally irresistible.
'Lets call him Surbramani, like the dog in Moondram pirai', said I
'You name your kid that' said Su and proceeded to give him a very English name- Brutus.
She never really uses that name, "kutta, appu, dodda, domma, appi, appanna..." are more like his names!

Brutus (or kutta, appu, dodda, domma, appi, appanna) turns 3 today. He is no longer that cute small dog, he has grown like a big fat cow!

BRUTUS

I really wanted to send him something , I ruled out toys, because he tears them to pieces in just an hour (I ain't going to waste my money for that!) and decided to do something I am good at- BAKE! Yes people, I actually spent an hour or so searching for vegetarian dog biscuits recipe and found a suitable one.

Vegetarian Peanut Butter Doggie Biscuits:
1.5 C wheat flour
1 C maida
1/2 C oats
1 C vegetable broth
1/2 C peanut butter

Mix all the ingredients to a smooth dough. Roll it out and cut using a cookie cutter. Bake at 350F for 30 minutes. Cool and say BOW!

Biscuits
Ehhh..no this is not going to Click! And we didn't taste this- its going straight to Brutus! If Su sends me a picture of him relishing these, I will definitely post it.

11 comments:

  1. OMG! of all the food blogs I visit and dog lovers I know, this is a first! SO CUTE!! Bet he loves them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute dog! I am a great dog lover too....These biscuits are sure a treat to him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute fella this Brutus !! and so sweet of you to make doggie biscuits for him...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope brutus goes bow bow yum yum as he relishes his dog biscuits great effort ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO cute man :D I remember you talking about Brutus

    I also want dog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. if brutus knows how 2 operate computers then it would have said thank u liked it v. much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so sorry but am not gonna say lucky brutus, so sweet brutus and all that puppy mushy love things coz am a big time dog hater, can't help it even if PETA and Maneka join forces against me and lock me up...will die a dog hater!!!

    But yeah about ur recipe can say a thing or two. I checked the ingredients and was more than glad to see that all of them were edible by humans, don't no what I was expecting in a doggy biscuit...maybe a dash of squirrel or some cartilage garnishings. And I have no probs in munching anything in the shape of a cute bone!! so maybe while packing for Brutus you can send another lot my way too and I can send you a pic of me with my tongue out to prove it's taste...bow bow!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a cute dog and those biscuits r just amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable doggie! I'm so glad I'm getting to spend time with my parents pooch right now, but I know exactly how you feel:) Super cute doggie treats, bookmarking it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for letting me know about the nucchina unde, SJ!
    Loved the Brutus story. You wanted to call him Subramani?! How cute!! :) He looks adorable! Happy Birthday to him.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sheesh am the only non dog lover around here or what??? do I still get those biscuits for the comments???

    ReplyDelete

To avoid letting your comments go to my trash, always appreciate me and my posts! I will do the same :P